Baby and Infant Reflexology is an exciting new concept of Reflexology which gives parents and carers the chance to enhance that loving bond, and ease baby and toddler symptoms of childhood conditions in a fun way.
It is like a relaxing foot massage for young children from birth to nearer three as the arches have not formed. Specific points correspond to specific points on your baby and toddlers feet and it works in the same way as with adults in the sense that it works by stimulating the nerve endings which correspond to the organs and zones of the entire body.
This stimulation of the specific points can assist with a variety of baby ailments and conditions. With our little ones, we are focusing on specific issues and you will learn how to work these specific points each week in class. Many people have heard of Reflexology but are unaware of how it can help while being very relaxing at the same time.
Over the 4 weeks we will cover :
- Learning the basic Reflexology Routine
- Sinus, Colds and Asthma
- Irritability and aiding sleep
- Digestive issues such as Colic, Constipation and Diarrhoea
- Skin irritations
The fee for the entire course including your handouts will be £50
To view the class dates and book your place – simply go to SHOP to fill in your booking form and pay for your class.
Frequently asked questions :
- At what age can I start classes to learn Baby Reflexology in a group class ?
- There are no hard and fast rules about the minimum age for coming to class although some babies may find structured massage a bit overwhelming and stimulating in the first few weeks…you may find sitting crouched over uncomfortable if you have had a caesarean .. and sometimes parents are still getting into a daily routine and may be a bit tired themselves. Most parents find that 4 – 6 weeks is a good time to have settled into a bit of a routine and babies have had their medical check up.
- How long does the Reflexology class last ?
- Generally classes run for an hour but we will not be doing Reflexology for the full hour and they are very much baby-led. Classes are very relaxed with lots of interactive chat and fun. If baby is fed up or hungry then you would just stop and feed, change or give them a cuddle.
- What if I can’t remember all the movements and reflexes ?
- Don’t worry, there is no pressure to remember everything perfectly. You learn by practise in class then at home in-between classes when practising on your baby at bath-time or any time that you can relax together undisturbed … plus you will have a handout of notes each week covering the movements in bite sizes rather than a whole sequence to memorise
- Will we be using a specific massage oil like in the Baby Massage ?
- No oils, powders, lotions or creams are needed – just your gentle touch 🙂
- Do I have to sing in class ?
- Not at all … some people are very shy or don’t like singing. You can sing along during certain movements to interact with baby and make it more fun … or not …or do it in the privacy of your own home….entirely up to you.
- Will I have to provide anything ?
- Nothing at all other than your babies requirements. I have a lovely baby yoga mat with a cushion for both of you for comfort. Although if your baby or toddler has a favourite blanket that they like to lie on or be covered with then do bring it along. You will receive a small handout of notes covering the strokes that we practise each week.
- What is the cut off point for the baby and Infant Reflexology class ?
- I will run separate classes for newborns which will be by arrangement with me at the Centre as ideally babies should wait until they have had their 6-8 week check. Please ask about Home classes if this suits you better.
- Babies from 6 weeks to 12 months
- Infants from a year up to two years old.
- How many classes will I need to attend and how much does it cost …is it a lump sum or paid weekly … I have twins, can my Partner join us and will it be extra ?
- The classes will run for 4 weeks on a Saturday from 2pm till 3pm. They are paid in advance for the entire course. The full course fee is £50. Classes are small so plenty of time.
- You can take turns in attending the class or Dad’s are welcome to come and watch but space may be limited in the room at the Rosemount Centre. I have space there for 5 Mum’s and babies plus myself. I may hold larger groups in a hall elsewhere at a later date but happy to work with smaller intimate groups at the moment. I feel that it is a good number for friendships to form.
- You are both welcome to come along at no extra charge if you have twins but your Partner would need to come with you as I will be busy demonstrating on my baby doll ” Tony “
- Will there be space for my buggy / pram and somewhere that it will be safe ? … are there any stairs to go up or somewhere to park ?
- I am holding the classes at the Centre on a Saturday so that you can leave your Buggy’s/ Prams and bags safely in one of our rooms with the reception door locked. You will be able to walk through easily from our room to Reception.
- There are no stairs to climb as the Centre is on ground level with easy access as both main doors open wide.
- There is usually street parking nearby or you can park in the Denburn car park and walk up. Street parking is free on a Sunday.
- What can I use to do the Reflexology after class?
- When should I treat my baby or toddler… how will I know if it’s the right time?
- Should I do the basic treatment every day?
- Are there any times I shouldn’t do Reflexology ….or is it okay if Dad or someone else gives him the treatment if I’m tired or busy ?
- Don’t worry … all of these questions and more will be answered and discussed in class. Remember Baby and Infant Reflexology is a time for relaxing, bonding, having fun … and classes are also about interacting and having fun with other parents !!